At North Star Lodge, complementary therapies are used to enhance traditional treatment, giving the body additional ways to promote the healing process.
It's important for our patients to have a sense of well-being and empowerment. To take care of all sides of healing, emotional, psychological and spiritual, The North Star Lodge Cancer Team incorporates complementary medicine into conventional treatment plans in order to serve our patients more completely.
Guided imagery is the conscious use of the imagination to create positive images ("healing visualizations") in order to bring about healthful changes in both the body and the mind.
The following titles are available to listen to while you are receiving treatment...
- A Meditation to help Ease Pain Imagery and affirmations designed to reduce pain by elevating serotonin levels; teaching relaxation skills; refocusing the mind; encouraging feelings of love, gratitude, safety and peace; & marshalling courage and patience.
- A Meditation to help with Bone Marrow & Stem Cell Transplantation Designed to promote feelings of safety & support; help with physical discomfort & fatigue; tolerate the temporary loss of identity; encourage patience with the healing process; envision a successful procedure & the body's acceptance of healthy new cells.
- A Meditation to help you with Radiation Therapy Designed to help listeners see radiation treatment in a positive light; reduce adverse side effects such as fatigue & nausea; help immune cells combat trouble spots; reduce anxiety.
- A Meditation to help you with Chemotherapy Designed to show chemotherapy in a positive light; reduce aversive side effects such as fatigue & nausea; help the body's immune cells fight cancer; encourage hope, safety and calm.
- A Meditation to help you with Fatigue Guided imagery to help relieve tiredness from chemotherapy and radiation therapy; combat side effects from major cancer-fighting treatments.
To view our complete listing of classes and events please visit our calendar ».